Collection of Personal and Business Information
When using our website and purchasing online courses from us, we may collect your personal information, including your:
- Email address;
- Phone number;
- Comments, feedback, reviews and other information you upload or provide via the Website;
- IP address and location data, including such data collected via Google Analytics;
- Website statistics and analytics data regarding your use of the website;
- Other types of raw data relating to how you interact with the website, for example, your browser information and session duration;
- Payment, banking and credit card information, which is collected and stored via a third-party payment provider; and
- All other information you provide to us on our website or otherwise.
Please note that third-party service providers we use may have their own privacy policies on the collection and use of your information which either we or you provide them.
Credit Card and Payment Processing Companies
We collect credit card and payment information from you via PayPal. Their additional terms of service and privacy policies may apply to the collection and use of your personal information. If you have questions regarding our payment processor, please contact us.
Although the payment provider’s forms may be located on our website, you are providing the payment information directly to them. We will have access to your personal information via the payment provider, although not your full credit card number(s).
The Use of Your Personal Information
The collection of your personal information may be used to:
- Facilitate the operation of the website, including:
- providing your personal information to third-party service providers, such as payment providers; and
- delivering your course content to you;
- Verify your contact information;
- Promote our website and offerings to you in various forms of communication;
- Support and improve the website and service we offer;
- Provide customer support;
- Communicate with you about your account and services we offer;
- Bill and collect money owed to us;
- Pursue available legal remedies to us and to prosecute or defend a court, arbitration or similar proceeding;
- Send or display informational and promotional materials from us, our partners, advertisers or third parties to you;
- To meet legal requirements;
- To enforce compliance with any terms and conditions and applicable law; and
- Enhance our service offerings to you and offer you related products and services, whether by email, advertisements or otherwise.
IN ADDITION, WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO PROVIDE YOUR CONTENT AND INFORMATION (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION) UPLOADED OR COLLECTED BY OUR WEBSITE OR OTHERWISE PROVIDED TO US, TO THIRD PARTIES IF REQUIRED BY LAW (SUCH AS IN RESPONSE TO A SUBPOENA, COURT ORDER OR OTHER LEGAL PROCESS IN ANY JURISDICTION), AND TO COOPERATE WITH LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES IN THE INVESTIGATION OF ANY CRIMINAL OR CIVIL MATTER.
IF WE ARE REQUIRED BY LAW TO MAKE ANY DISCLOSURE OF YOUR CONTENT OR PERSONAL OR BUSINESS INFORMATION, WE MAY (BUT ARE NOT OBLIGATED TO) PROVIDE YOU WITH WRITTEN NOTICE (TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW) PRIOR TO SUCH DISCLOSURE SO THAT YOU MAY TAKE APPROPRIATE ACTION.
The Disclosure of Your Personal Information and Access to It
We may share your personal information to our payment providers, advertisers, partners and employees to use that information in connection with one or more of the purposes for which that personal information was collected.
We also operate the websites in conjunction with our independent contractors. Our independent contractors may have access to your personal information in providing services to us, or providing you with access to the website and online courses. We may use a variety of service providers, servers, advertisers or employees in locations both inside and outside of Canada, which may make your personal information the subject of foreign laws and foreign legal proceedings.
We may also disclose your personal information to our successors (if our business or the Service is acquired by another legal entity) or any assignee of our assets relating to the website.
WHILE WE TAKE MEASURES TO PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION, YOU AGREE THAT, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL WE, OUR AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS, OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE, HOWSOEVER CAUSED, FOR THE LOSS OR THEFT OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OR ANY DAMAGES CAUSED AS A RESULT THEREOF, SO LONG AS WE WERE NOT GROSSLY NEGLIGENT IN THE PROTECTION OF SAID INFORMATION.
Retention of Your Personal Information
We keep your personal information for as long as it is required for the purpose for which it was collected. There is no single retention period applicable to the various types of personal information collected.
Our Website may place a "cookie" in the browser files of your computer. You can disable cookies on your web browser, however, doing so may interrupt the proper use of our Website.